Friday, April 9, 2010

Trick-or-Treat

Hypo-mania is always such a mixed bag for me. On the one hand, I'm cycling, which can't be good. It throws my sleep schedule off. Makes me bouncy and irritable. I am prone to shouting. Everything stresses me out.

However, I am also tearing through projects at work. Getting out more and being social. Making up for lost time with my friends. Feeling the pain of my fibromyalgia less. (I don't think I am in less pain, I just generally don't notice it as much.)

Is it possible to be this ecstatic/happy and worried/panicked at the same time? Apparently for my hamster-wheel run brain it is.

This is made simpler and more hard by the fact that I am not currently medically treating my bipolar disorder. I take absolutely no stabilizing medications. I have had bad reactions to almost all of them so gave up on them 3 years ago.

I watch what I eat, where I go, who I talk with. I make myself have a regular as fiber weekly schedule. I go to bed and wake up at the same time almost every day. Or at least I did. This use to be enough. But with this upward swing I may need more help again.

No comments:

Post a Comment